05 May 2010

Day Two

Woke up at the crack of dawn, but it's not what you think; today has been the most unproductive day yet. 

As a favor, I woke up to shake Mikki, my sleep-deprived roommate, out of bed for her morning shift at Cafe Gypsy. I lambasted her for hitting the snooze, for disregarding the fact that she knew she had things to do. Then I went back to sleep until noon. 

I ate organic banana chips and watched Glee. 

It's 1:00 now, and it's time for me to go pay the rent. I nervously recount my collection of cash tips organized on the floor of my room, hoping this will offer me some peace of mind. Instead, my stomach turns--probably a combination of apprehension and too many banana chips. The money, it's enough, but I know it's finite, and finding solace in my funds is not the point of all of this. 

I still have two hours to turn this day around, before working the evening shift at Cafe Gypsy. It's Cinco de Mayo, and the Lane Hotel Ballroom has been reopened. I anticipate dollar signs and misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment